Please join CASBBI for a celebration of our NRT trainees and community partners as the first year of the CASBBI NRT program draws to a close. This event is open to the community. Learn more about the NRT Training Program here and more about the 2020-2021 team projects here.
- 2:00-2:05 Welcome and Introductory Remarks
- 2:05-2:10 NRT Program Overview
- 2:10-2:25 Team Presentations
- 2:25-3:00 Interactive Breakout Sessions: Team Data Presentations
- 3:00-3:20 Community Partner Panel
- 3:20-3:45 NRT Community Discussion
- 3:45-3:55 Trainee Keynote Address
- 3:55-4:00 Closing remarks
Team Presentations. The trainees will present on their community-engaged design projects:
- RISE-OUT: Risks and socio-ecological factors associated with opioid use treatment. Presented by: Angeela Acharya, Rebecca Bates, Alyssa Izquierdo, and Stefanie Gonçalves
- Students with disabilities in COVID-19: Parents’ perspective. Presented by: Jillian Nelson, Fahim Faisal, Lindsay Owen, and Lily Spinelli
- IMPACT-PD: Improving messaging between patients and their care team in Parkinson’s Disease. Presented by: Keri Gladhill, Shriniwas Patwardhan, and Lindsay Shaffer
Each team will present a 5 minute executive summary and the takeaway message of their community-engaged design project in the 2:10-2:25 session. Retreat attendees will then be invited to join the team of their choice in a breakout session (2:25-3:00) for an interactive discussion of the evidence supporting the team’s takeaway message. Attendees will be able to move between team breakout rooms.
Community Partner Panel and NRT Community Discussion. Our network of community partners is essential to the success of the NRT program. In these sessions, we’re bringing our partners together to share ideas and connect with one another and the training program. We’ll be discussing opportunities for students to work with community partners to solve challenges important to the community and how to best structure the training program to lead to successful community-engaged projects.
How to Join. This event will be held virtually on Zoom. Please contact Stephanie Carmack at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below for information on how to join the Zoom meeting.